Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Support
Section of the Site Forum
Urgency (2 votes)
Rating (3 votes)
Description:
ok so, when yah post a poll you can see how everyone votes is there anyway at all to make it so no one can see who voted what? its kinda hard to have a vote about something that can hurt others feelings if they know who voted what. id appreciate knowing how this is done if at all.
the example i want, is i want to ask how im leading, and kinda get my overall "approval rating" wihtout people being scared to vote 1 way or the other.

Thanks ahead of time
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
We will be adding an option to give permissions to view the "View Votes" option, since it is such a controversial change.

Implemnented and Closed.
I've taken this out for now. It is a violation of privacy for the members, and was in there historically as a quick developer verification.

If people want it back, I can restore it as an option, but for now, it's been reverted to a developer-only feature.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
I've taken this out for now. It is a violation of privacy for the members, and was in there historically as a quick developer verification.

If people want it back, I can restore it as an option, but for now, it's been reverted to a developer-only feature.

Yeep!

Please bring it back.

I certainly understand Trelander's point of view, I myself might want a poll exactly as he describes. But I'd rather see something along the lines of a 'Poll results: Private' option to ensure privacy of voting rather than the removal of the ability to see votes on any given poll by a guild leader or officer or whoever is moderating that forum.

There are some situations that I want to see who voted what in poll results. There are more situations where it's useful to see who voted what than there isn't I think. For example there are polls on our guild website that people can vote 'yes' or 'no' on whether they're attuned for something, or have the ability to do something. It's much quicker and easier to get people to vote in a poll and look at that list of 'yes's than it is to set up an attunement for everything in the game that may come up and ask players to update their attunement page every time something new comes up.

Another example, in recruiting it's sometimes very important to know who voted what amongst the guild's officers so it's easy to ask that officer why they voted the way they did. I'd rather do that than expect everyone to write an essay regarding their reasoning or have to track down the one 'no' vote to find out why when everything else looks good.

I could go on about this, but in a nutshell being able to see who voted what helps guild leadership make decisions in a more time efficient manner.

Let's face it. In any successful end game focused guild there are some members who contribute more and whose opinions will matter more to the leadership than others. The usefulness of polls will diminish in many cases if seeing who voted what isn't an option. There are very few if any guilds that operate successfully in end game by polling their members blindly.
One thing to note, is that the "View Votes" option only ever showed for Rank 1, or those with "Full Admin Access."

--
Alrighty, I've temporarily restored this to a heightened form. Rank 1, and ONLY Rank 1 will have access to view this.

--
Quote by Chops
Alrighty, I've temporarily restored this to a heightened form. Rank 1, and ONLY Rank 1 will have access to view this.

Thanks, this helps alot, we do alot of "democratic" votes, so this helps alot.
Quote by Chops

Much appreciated. Thank you.
Quote by Chops

Can we please have this reverted back to the way it was, or give us an option to give access to the "view votes" to a certain rank level? I am the level 1 for our website, but I am an officer. My Guild Leader was set at "Full Admin Access". He used to be able to see the votes, now he can't, and he want's the permissions back.

I can't see what is wrong with giving those marked as "full admin access", really how many can there be on each site?

Either way, he also has his own rank level, so assigning it as a feature access item would be okay too.

--
Quote by Chops

Yes, please bring it back as an option for the rank 0 people to give to other ranks. This was a very nice feature for officers of guilds to be able to see who is just blanket "no" voting for no reason or abusing polls.

In our guild we use polls very heavily, and one or 2 people deciding just to vote no on everything really screws things up. Please add the ability to give more than just one person in the guild that ability to see it even if it is just as an option.

--
IBR Guild Leader
http://ibr.dkpsystem.com
That's exactly what I'll be doing: making it an option in "Feature Access"

It will be ready this week.

--
Quote by Chops

Thank you SO much!

--
IBR Guild Leader
Hey Chops has this been completed and I just can't find it? I keep looking, but at the moment my GL is still asking me every couple of days to read who voted for whom to him since he can't see it himself...

--
Quote by Chops

Any update on this?

--
IBR Guild Leader
Any update on this?

Done. See the "viewvotes" option in Feature Access.

--
Quote by Chops
Any update on this?

Done. See the "viewvotes" option in Feature Access.

Thanks again! That is a HUGE help to our guild!

--
IBR Guild Leader

[Back to Index]