Password:

Forgot your password?
Talent Build and Profiler mod

Talent Build and Profiler mod
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Several of us have noticed that we all use the DKP Profiler mod and most of the time it keeps our info updated. However, our talent build never shows up on our profile.

I have opened my talents, banks/bags, professions, etc. in game and then used the /dkpp and professions and inventory will update but not talents. Is there something we need to do for this to start updating as well?

Has anyone else had this trouble? Any reply or assistance at all would be great.

Thanks
I can't say that I've ever noticed this before, but I just checked on my guild's site and none of my five characters have their talents defined... and I'm one of those types who uses the DKP Profiler pretty religiously. Don't know what to tell you.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
I have opened my talents, banks/bags, professions, etc. in game and then used the /dkpp and professions and inventory will update but not talents. Is there something we need to do for this to start updating as well?

I double checked this yesterday, and I had no problems loading my Talent Build. I'm wondering if you're possibly running a mod that could be interfering.

To experiment, try disabling all your mods except the DKPProfiler (and the GuildRaidSnapShot if you have it installed) and see if you're able to capture your data. If it works, then you might have some work ahead of your trying to determine which mod is conflicting (It usually would be something that modifies the look of the Talent build).

If that doesn't work, then I've got a lot of work ahead of me trying to figure out why mine works and your doesn't?

Could you manually upload the DKPPRofiler.lua file for me (the one in the WTF folder, that you would upload if using normal method).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Could you manually upload the DKPPRofiler.lua file for me (the one in the WTF folder, that you would upload if using normal method).

I've tried several things. First, I did as you recommended and shut off all addons except the DKPProfiler. I logged in and opened every possible thing on several of my characters. I then did the /dkpp and then logged off and back on and waited about 5-10 minutes to check the website. Still says "No talents defined" and the talent build does not show.

Just as a side note I do not use any addon that changes/interferes with the talent build screen in-game. Though I did disable all addons just in case.

Next, I tried using the manual .lua upload on our guilds dkp page and waited again for a period of time. Still no talent build.

Another thing I did also was to empty my Internet Explorer cache and history and then repeated the steps above but still nothing on the talent build.

There are several of us that have noticed this in my guild and in other guilds that use the dkp site.

Please let me know if there is anything specific information-wise you need in order to help fix this.
Thanks for the info. Could you upload to this site (as an attachment to a forum post) the file that you uploaded? Hopefully this'll give me more information.

--
Here is the .lua file I used to manually upload.

Interesting. It has talent information in it, but it's not recording ANY talent points has being spent...Odd indeed.

I'm going to upload a test version (gimme a few minutes to make the necessary changes) and ask you to install it to see if that makes a difference for you.

--
Hey Chops!
Any luck with this yet?
Any progress on this yet?
Alrighty. I think I have the talent build stuff fixed. Give it a shot (let the uploader download the new patch).

--
Worked like a charm! Thank you so much for fixing this and I will let our guild members know its fixed now!

Thank you again!!
Quote by Chops
Alrighty. I think I have the talent build stuff fixed. Give it a shot (let the uploader download the new patch).

I am now having the very same issue of this post. Everything is working great except for my talents.

I open all these windows while in game and make sure I wait a while to check. Not working though.

I will point out that I'm on a Mac, but that hasn't effected anything other.
I'm having the same problem - and also on a Mac for what it's worth.
Still have not seen resolution on this. Anything being worked on?
Could you upload the DKPProfiler.lua file for me (the one you're uploading), Sinncere? I can test with that. I did some testing of it, and did some tweaking, and it seemed to solve the problems, but I may have missed something. Having that file will help much.

Also, could you give me a link to your current talent build (on the armory) so that if the talent build info is in the DKPProfiler.lua file, that I can compare it with your Armory profile to see if it's the mod doing it, or the server's importer.

--
Okay, here's the file, but I just want to point out that this is definitely seeming to be more toward the manual upload. I put the windows auto upload on another machine, logged in and it pulled my profile with talents. So the windows side seems to work fine. I believe this is specifically aimed at my mac version. This is only a problem because I support Windows all day at work, so I dread having a PC at home lol.

Here you go. Still love the site, this is a small issue.

[Back to Index]