Forgot your password?
Intersecting 2 or more snapshots

Intersecting 2 or more snapshots
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Hi,

my guild wants to award DKP for showing up ontime AND staying the entire raid. So folks who leave early or show up late don't get the points. We've done this in the past, but had to manually adjust the raid attendance by looking over two snapshots. Which was time consuming and subject to errors.

Is there anyway to intersect 2 or more snapshots to help automate this process, along the lines of what EKraidattendance mod does?

Thanks
Right now, it's a manual thing (though I do have a merger/intesector in the works), but it IS easier than having to compare the two.

What you'll have to do is click on the event on the calendar.

Then, on that page, you'll be given a drop down box. From that list, choose "Attended from Start to Finish". This will display every user who was present for every snapshot of that event.

Hope that helps, at least in the short-run.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Right now, it's a manual thing (though I do have a merger/intesector in the works), but it IS easier than having to compare the two.

What you'll have to do is click on the event on the calendar.

Then, on that page, you'll be given a drop down box. From that list, choose "Attended from Start to Finish". This will display every user who was present for every snapshot of that event.

Hope that helps, at least in the short-run.

Now all you need to do is add a button to award DKP for that and its all automatic!

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
ok cool, thanks for the info. I wish I knew about that function many many 'monthly attendance evaluations' ago. I'm looking forward to see what you got brewing for merge/intersection functionality.

Btw, this is a great product you guys provide, thanks for the good work.

-E
Oh, 1 more thing...
I don't know how many other guilds would use this, but my guild is anal retentive enough that we would use a function that interfaced with CTraid /radur /raitem functionality in a similar fashion to EKraidattendance. Basically we would cartwheel for the ability to easily track who is and isn't prepared for the raid.

I just yearn for more reasons to yell, belittle and make condescending remarks to my raid members - especially if it is automatic!!!

-E
Basically we would cartwheel for the ability to easily track who is and isn't prepared for the raid.

We used to use that back in my old guild too. It was nice, except that it required everyone to have the mod, and after patch day, raiding always took an hour because everyone had to get the new patch. A real nuisance.

I can definitely sympathize, as making sure people are prepared is a total pain. I've got plans on building a "GRSS Client" for viewing current standings and communicating with the raid leader, and this is something I could implement into it. But admittedly, we're fair distance off that yet.

--
Quote by Chops
Basically we would cartwheel for the ability to easily track who is and isn't prepared for the raid.

We used to use that back in my old guild too. It was nice, except that it required everyone to have the mod, and after patch day, raiding always took an hour because everyone had to get the new patch. A real nuisance.

I can definitely sympathize, as making sure people are prepared is a total pain. I've got plans on building a "GRSS Client" for viewing current standings and communicating with the raid leader, and this is something I could implement into it. But admittedly, we're fair distance off that yet.

/eek
Sorry I'm one of those that would choose to walk away from a raid and go do something else than to Micro Manage or be Micro Managed. I guess I'm just of the feelings that I pay what I pay to have a good time and to be yelled at (in many times by some kid half my age that has no clue) because I don't have however many potions of <insert your favorite here> that they think I need in order to survive. I loved my old GM that I ran things for and his motto is still the one I play by "Skill > Gear every day".

--
Admittedly, a lot of our players were NEVER prepared for Rag and were constantly dying. Admittedly, it was a guild on the spiral downward, so it's hard to say. Without getting too much into guild politics, we really struggled with our numbers. We rarely had 40 raiders, and when we did, 15 were completely unprepared for Rag in particular. The 25-man raids would have been marvelous for our guild back in the day, but we (the big raiding guild) failed well before BC came out.

We did micromanage too much though. At the time, it seemed like the right thing to do, but hindsight, 20/20, and all that.

--
Quote by Chops
Admittedly, a lot of our players were NEVER prepared for Rag and were constantly dying. Admittedly, it was a guild on the spiral downward, so it's hard to say. Without getting too much into guild politics, we really struggled with our numbers. We rarely had 40 raiders, and when we did, 15 were completely unprepared for Rag in particular. The 25-man raids would have been marvelous for our guild back in the day, but we (the big raiding guild) failed well before BC came out.

We did micromanage too much though. At the time, it seemed like the right thing to do, but hindsight, 20/20, and all that.

Oh I completely understand why it is done. I like what some raid mods do. The look at your Aura's now that Blizzard has added UI functions for it. So you can tell in a heavy Fire Resist fight like Rag or Ony who didn't have a fire protection pot up. I lauged at everyone and sad thing is I was a Senior/Officer and Raid officer then later GM. I kept a stack of all of it just never drank it. You try to make sure everyone has pots but you can't force them to actually drink them either.

--
We had one guy, a healer no less, who was MAKING fire pots during the Rag fight.

He never heard the end of it, and when he pops on our forums now and again, we still bring it up and joke about it with him.

It was pretty Classic.

--
Quote by Saudorun
I kept a stack of all of it just never drank it. You try to make sure everyone has pots but you can't force them to actually drink them either.

We immediately replace people who do BS like that. Being stubborn just to prove you can? Not interested in carrying those ppl through progression.

That aside, in my experience a little peer pressure is a great way to get slackers to tighten up their game. If I had the data to lean on, I would definitely use it to tease some folks, and after enough of it they would have flasks and buff food auras and be teasing the folks who don't.

-E

[Back to Index]