Password:

Forgot your password?
Raid Availability Chart

Raid Availability Chart
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Hey Chops. I know you are a busy man, but I was wondering if you ever thought about adding some sort of chart to the raid availability page to make the information a little bit easier to visualize?

In an attempt to find our strongest (and weakest) raid days as well as deficiencies amongst our raiding classes, I wrote a little perl script that grabs info from our current standings and raid availability pages and spits it back out as a day/time grid with mouseovers.

http://dkpfiles.com/sanctuary/files/raidav.htm

It filters out alts, non level 70s and players that attend less then 25 percent of events. It's not perfect, but hopefully it will help us with raid planning and recruiting.
Oh, very cool. That's a pretty fantastic idea. Someone had suggested that in the past, and I still intend on building something like that, but I very appreciate the practical writeup you've made here. Definitely helps.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by oznog
Hey Chops. I know you are a busy man, but I was wondering if you ever thought about adding some sort of chart to the raid availability page to make the information a little bit easier to visualize?

In an attempt to find our strongest (and weakest) raid days as well as deficiencies amongst our raiding classes, I wrote a little perl script that grabs info from our current standings and raid availability pages and spits it back out as a day/time grid with mouseovers.

http://dkpfiles.com/sanctuary/files/raidav.htm

It filters out alts, non level 70s and players that attend less then 25 percent of events. It's not perfect, but hopefully it will help us with raid planning and recruiting.

There have been a lot of posts about this since the launch of the Raid Availability tracker. I know Chops is planning some revisions just not sure the depth and what all is on the list.

Things asked for include:
Exporting data
Better Filtering
Ability for Officer/GM control of updates
Ability to force resets on a scheduled basis or manually
Periodic Alerting to ask members to update their availability

Just don't know what all Chops has on his list

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

[Back to Index]