Password:

Forgot your password?
Site Music

Site Music
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Okay, I am trying to get music to be playing in the background (preferably with an option to turn it off and or a volume control) but sadly I am site-editing-impared. I have the mp3 uploaded to our administrative files section, and that is about it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Asylum.dkpsystem.com
There are two approaches.

1) Built into the page on a menu, but this has a major shortcoming: every page reload will result in the song stopping and/or restarting.

2) A popup window, but the shortcoming here is just that it's a popup window, no different, really, than running music on an external player.

Both will require some HTML. I'd suggest searching the web for a "flash mp3 player", which should provide you with the necessary music player.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
ok, I have a flash player and all that fun stuff, I was wondering if it would be possible to put it into a very small frame at the top of the screen.. experimenting with layouts makes the frame and music there, but the site is just the layout blank.. no graphics or info... Are frames and Issue here, or am i just missing something?

--
Asylum.dkpsystem.com
Aloha all,
Not sure if anyone is still interested in having music auto start and play form the home page.
If so here is how I got ours to work:

1) Upload MP3 file to the "Administrative File Uploader" area.

2) Copy the path of the MP3 and paste it to a blank word document.
You will need it for later.

3) Now on our WEB site we use the "News" page as our home page. This works well for us for we are able to edit the code.

4) Once you are in a position to edit your page, go to a blank line between the opening tag and the closeting tag, IE: "center][size=12] and [/center][/size".

5) Past this code onto your blank line:
"flash=0,0] "path you copied form the Admin area" [/flash"

Note: Please add opening and closing brackets - I had to take them out so code would display.

6) Save your changes and refresh your page.
Done deal!

Hope this helped someone out there.
Aloha form the Whisperers of Hope!

[Back to Index]