Password:

Forgot your password?
Question on menu background

Question on menu background
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

I am using the same template as the DKP Systems site and trying to edit a few things. I've figured out most of it but still can't figure out how to change the wood grain background in all of the menu items. How am I able to change the image it is using to fill those in?
You'll have to edit that in the CSS portion of the layout.html file.

Head to Admin > Advanced Layout Options, and download the current layout file, and you'll find more CSS definitions in there.

After you've tweaked them, you can re-upload them.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Well, I sort of know what I'm doing but not exactly overly skilled in all of this. I can see where I can change almost anything but that "darkwood" image. I've gone through the layout.html file a few times but just don't know what to change in it. Could you point out in that file where I would make a change?
Look for the ".menucontent" rule in the CSS portion. If it's not in the layout.html file, then check the CSS file at Admin > Layout > CSS Editor.

.menucontent{
font-size:9pt;
padding-top:4px;
background-image:url(http://dkpfiles.com/www/files/darkwood.jpg);
background-repeat:repeat;}

--
Not seeing it. It's definitely not in the CSS Editor. When I right click and save the layout.html file I get the file I attached and I cannot for the life of me find any CSS info in there. I guess what I'm not getting is how do I go to the "CSS portion" of the layout.html file?
The CSS file isn't actually part of the Layout.htm file... rather, it is linked to that file in the top of the page...

Specifically you're looking for a "link" tag

<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.php" type="text/css">

If you can't find it in the CSS Editor (you SHOULD be able to), try this:

open the following page in your browser:

http://your-site.dkpsystem.com/style.php

then you can save that file to your machine, and edit it directly. It is the EXACT CSS file that your site is using. After you've edited it, you can the use the Advanced Layout option to upload your new CSS file.

Yeah, I guess I was a good coder and actually stripped the CSS out of the layout file properly.

Then you'll want to look for the correct definition referenced above in the Admin > Layout > CSS Editor section.

Also, Noble, the style.php file still works, but now if you reference: http://dkpfiles.com/your-guild/style.css , you can actually use the built-in CSS Editor that was recently added.

--
Hey Chops,

I was trying this today, I downloaded my template and saved it to a flash-drive. I changed all the colorations of the dark-wood to a flat-mat black. After I've done this how do I direct my css file to pull them from the folder I made the changes in that's saved on my flash-drive.

Thanks

--

Ok, sorry for being a pain in the ass but I've searched with the CSS editor and cannot find anything referencing menucontent or that darkwood file. If I view the source of the page I can see all of the code and it's there but nowhere where I can edit it on the style sheet. I tried just adding that code to the page and that didn't work either.
What's the URL of your guild's website? I'll have a look.

--
Quote by Chops

www.drengskapr.com

thx.
Quote by nodin
Quote by Chops

www.drengskapr.com

thx.

www.bloodline.dkpsystem.com

--

Any word on this?
www.drengskapr.com

Alrighty, digging through your stuff, I found the original layout used. Every time you pressed "Generate Layout and Menu File" it generated, but the regeneration is based on the default layout, and not based on the template layout. With the template, you'll never have to click "Generate Layout and Menu File"

But this is the file that you should have been editing with the "darkwood" in it (see attachment).

--
bloodline.dkpsystem.com

you just want to edit your layout file. I verified that your current layout file contains some of the CSS definition as expected. Simply edit them and re-upload them and you'll be good to go.

--
Quote by Chops
www.drengskapr.com

Alrighty, digging through your stuff, I found the original layout used. Every time you pressed "Generate Layout and Menu File" it generated, but the regeneration is based on the default layout, and not based on the template layout. With the template, you'll never have to click "Generate Layout and Menu File"

But this is the file that you should have been editing with the "darkwood" in it (see attachment).

Ahh. I figured I had buggered something up myself. After editing and uploading this file it messed up all of the menus so I had to reload the template in to the site and it's now working great. Thanks for the help Chops!

[Back to Index]