Password:

Forgot your password?
Modifying drop-in templates?

Modifying drop-in templates?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

I just got back from vacation to see all these wonderful new drop-in templates added and an edgy new look to the DKPsystem site. I really like the "Gilded" template and want to use it for my guild, but I want to make some minor modifications first.

The last time I used HTML was back in '97 and I've forgotten even the little bit I knew at that time, so bear with me. What I want to do is put all the menus on the left rather than the right side, and put the statistics in the top right (minus the Next Event info) similar to how it looks when the Gilded template is enabled and you click Show Statistics.

Any help at all would be appreciated, or even some links to a decent css/html tutorial.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
So I got the menus to go over to the left by replacing

#rightmenu{
position:absolute;
top:24px;
right:0px;
width:214px;
z-index:2;

with

#leftmenu{
top:24px;
left:0px;

But now the next scheduled event and news things overlap the menus. It's been an interesting discovery process.

--
I actually haven't downloaded any of the new templates yet so I'm stabbing int he dark. You might need to create a table like frame structure in your layout.html file in order to position some things that way you want them. However like you I have forgotten most of what I knew about html and stuff.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
You might need to create a table like frame structure in your layout.html file in order to position some things that way you want them. However like you I have forgotten most of what I knew about html and stuff.

Well this got me a step in the right direction I think. There was a reference to rightmenu in the layout.html file, so I changed it to leftmenu like I had done previously in the .css

This made the menus appear on top of the other stuff, but of course now the menus overlap the items on the page. Getting closer!

--
Is there any other way to preview what my changes will look like besides uploading my layout file and testing it? Some kind of HTML editor or something that I can use to somehow pull the data I need from dkpsystem and let me view it without having to go through the hassle of uploading and testing each time?

I tried adding an align=right to the
<td>
<div id=content1>
<!--System:content-->
</div>
</td>

in my layout file, and while this did move everything over to its proper position, nothing is clickable in the menu and the border for the content is still hanging out on the left. I'll find it eventually, just want to know if there's a faster/easier way to preview.

--
I made the following changes to the style.css and it produced the results I wanted.

#logotable{
top:0px;
left:215px;
width:360px;
z-index:1;
}
#rightmenu{
left:0px;
}
#statistics{
z-index:20;
left:350px;
height:230px;
width:350px;
background-repeat:repeat-x;

}
#statisticshidden{
z-index:20;
left:350px;
height:24px;
width:350px;
background-repeat:repeat-x;

}

--
I'm wanting to do the same kind of thing with ancient dragons site but unfortunately I have zero experience with html or anything.

I found where you can move the menus to the right and left in the admin but i guess with the drop in i cannot do this.

Actually come to think of it I would like the Gilded template to have menus on both sides and the banner across the top. if anyone could explain that in layman's terms that would be grand.

[Back to Index]