Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
After Maintenance my Website won't show...

After Maintenance my Website won't show...
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

It just brings up the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. Is it still under maintenance? Our websited is www.teamblacklisted.com
The IP address of the server changed, which means the DNS information will need to be tweaked. The A Records need to be pointed to the address 208.100.30.200

A notice was sent to all the guild creators.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Ya, and I have no idea how I did that way back when.

I really wish that we would have had a little more notice for all of these changes. Now I have a website that no one can get to because I havent messed with web stuff in over a year and dont remember how do do it.

A little help here.
Quote by Jaz
Ya, and I have no idea how I did that way back when.

I really wish that we would have had a little more notice for all of these changes. Now I have a website that no one can get to because I havent messed with web stuff in over a year and dont remember how do do it.

A little help here.

Under admin panel, click Full Domain Name.

Anthrax
Ya, I did that. I have all of the options in front of me. I have the A host pointing to the new IP, but my site is still down.
Quote by Jaz
Ya, I did that. I have all of the options in front of me. I have the A host pointing to the new IP, but my site is still down.

It takes a little while to complete the DNS change, be patient and I would guess it will be up later this afternoon or early evening.

Anthrax
Quote by Jaz

You'll have to head to your Registrar's website. If you used Godaddy, then you need to log in there and click on your domain. Inside that page, there's a link to "Total DNS Control and MX Records." That's where you set the A Records.

If you don't use godaddy, I won't know how to do it exactly, and in that case, give your registrar a call, because they'll know how it works.

--
Quote by Chops
Quote by Jaz

You'll have to head to your Registrar's website. If you used Godaddy, then you need to log in there and click on your domain. Inside that page, there's a link to "Total DNS Control and MX Records." That's where you set the A Records.

If you don't use godaddy, I won't know how to do it exactly, and in that case, give your registrar a call, because they'll know how it works.

very clear directions! thanks a million
For whatever reason, I did remember how to do it. The site was back up for a half hour according to my buddy when he called. I could not get it to load for anything. Came back to it a little later and it finally loaded for me too. I wonder if it was a regional thing?
Quote by Jaz
For whatever reason, I did remember how to do it. The site was back up for a half hour according to my buddy when he called. I could not get it to load for anything. Came back to it a little later and it finally loaded for me too. I wonder if it was a regional thing?

When the TTL (Time to Live) for a DNS server is higher (an hour or more), you never know when it's finally going to update, because those settings need to propagate to all the DNS servers in the world. Add to that the fact that the browsers seem to cache those results as well, you can only truly get a good indicator of when they're back online after restarting the browser.

It's possible that it's working for you, and your next door neighbor (who's using a different ISP) can't access it. On the surface it looks random.

--
I was forwarding to the site by name rather than IP (which avoids DNS changes like thisone), but now I can't even get the name to load a page.

Our domain is hyjalfreebooters.com, which forwards to hyjalguild.dkpsystem.com, but trying "hyjalguild.dkpsystem.com" just takes me to www.dkpsystem.com now.

Where the heck is my guild page?

OK, never mind. I find the guild in the guild list, it looks like you guys changed my subdomain for some reason, so I changed it back.

Thanks.

Quote by nereida
I was forwarding to the site by name rather than IP (which avoids DNS changes like thisone), but now I can't even get the name to load a page.

Our domain is hyjalfreebooters.com, which forwards to hyjalguild.dkpsystem.com, but trying "hyjalguild.dkpsystem.com" just takes me to www.dkpsystem.com now.

Where the heck is my guild page?

I am able to get there ok. I would suggest clearing your broswer cache or following everything put in this post ( http://www.dkpsystem.com/viewthread.php?threadid=3442 ) after you get your DNS A Record fixed.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

[Back to Index]