Password:

Forgot your password?
Can not delete certain ranks, vis Veteran Member, Initiate Member

Can not delete certain ranks, vis Veteran Member, Initiate Member
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

In our guild we use the ranks 'Veteran' and 'Initiate', not 'Veteran Member' and 'Initiate Member'. This gives rise to two [related?] problems:

Well, why don't I just delete those two ranks and add my own?

I did and I ran into the following problems:
  1. Evidently, the 'Veteran Member' and 'Initiate Member' ranks can not be deleted using the [admin]->[ranks]-[delete] option. More specifically, after having been deleted, these two ranks reappear the next day.
  2. In the Roster, our Veteran and Intiate ranks are seemingly and randomly converted to 'Veteran Member' and 'Inititate Member' ranks.

This causes a problem for our DKP system because we allocate DKP based on 'Veteran' and 'Initiate' ranking. When the dkpsystem webware reconverts 'veteran' to 'veteran member' and 'initiate' to 'initiate member', players do not get DKP credit.

I would rather not convert everybody's rank to 'xxxx member'. What am I missing?

Cheers,
Ok. So the Ranks on your website MUST match the ranks in the Game 100% in order and spelling. If they do not you can have problems like this. The issue arises for most either when you import a Roster either from GRSS, the Armory, or do a DKP Import. Make certain that this isn't the Case. IE if in your site they are named Initiate and Veteran but in the Game they are named Initiate Member and Veteran Member this could be the root of the problem.

If everything between the Game and the site match as far as ranks are concerned then I'm not sure what could be happening and it is likely a job for Chops to dig into.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Saud is correct. Chances are, what's happening is that the ranks are being created when you do a Roster upload. It compares the text of all the ranks and then adds any missing ranks when the text doesn't match exactly.

My guess is that you have a rank in-game called "Initiate Member" But the rank on your site is just "Initiate". This isn't an exact textual match, and so it decides to create "Initiate Member."

Edit: Yeah, I pretty much said everything Saud said...Sorry, I just woke up.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Saudorun
Ok. So the Ranks on your website MUST match the ranks in the Game 100% in order and spelling. If they do not you can have problems like this. The issue arises for most either when you import a Roster either from GRSS, the Armory, or do a DKP Import. Make certain that this isn't the Case. IE if in your site they are named Initiate and Veteran but in the Game they are named Initiate Member and Veteran Member this could be the root of the problem.

If everything between the Game and the site match as far as ranks are concerned then I'm not sure what could be happening and it is likely a job for Chops to dig into.

OK, seems simple enough. What about ranks known to the website but not in-game? For example, we have an 'Associate' rank for non-guild members who participate in raids with us (we're a small guild). This rank does not show up 'in-game'. Will this be a problem as well?

Cheers,

OK, seems simple enough. What about ranks known to the website but not in-game? For example, we have an 'Associate' rank for non-guild members who participate in raids with us (we're a small guild). This rank does not show up 'in-game'. Will this be a problem as well?

Nope, that'll be just fine.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]