Password:

Forgot your password?
New Features: Raid Availability and Role Signups

New Features: Raid Availability and Role Signups
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Just wanted to say, you guys did a great job on implementing these new and very useful features. My Guild is already using them and they are very helpful. Thanks a lot for your hard work!

I have a few suggestions to make. Where do I go for that?
If you have sugestions, you're at the right place. Just put them in this thread.

(Though that brings up the fact that I could make some sort of bugzilla type things for bug finds and feature suggestions)

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Chops, good implementation.

Just one MINOR thing that I thought you might wanna fix. And this is just a "it's looks better" kinda thing.

There are three buttons in the screen, "Cancel" "delete" "Save". Delete isn't capitalized. Like I said, minor.
OH duh...I totally forgot to fix that.

--
You da man.

So now I gotta figure out what different roles each class can do...

Another thought/idea: How difficult would it be to either let us add/remove classes. Basically, if we want to differentiate between a prot warr and a fury warr?

EDIT: Forget it. I figured it out.
Honestly, I wouldn't actually manually edit the Classes to include different specs. It won't line up with the Roster Uploader or the Armory stuff, and it just become a mess.

You're better off picking "Tank" or "DPS" and having them chose which role they'd like to be.

--
Quote by Chops
Honestly, I wouldn't actually manually edit the Classes to include different specs. It won't line up with the Roster Uploader or the Armory stuff, and it just become a mess.

You're better off picking "Tank" or "DPS" and having them chose which role they'd like to be.

Yea, I just noticed that.

The problem is that a Paladin could be in every category. Same w/ a Druid. Would be nice to distinguish the difference, but I understand if we can't...

The problem is that a Paladin could be in every category. Same w/ a Druid. Would be nice to distinguish the difference, but I understand if we can't...

Indeed they could, which is why you can specify which classes are eligible for which roles. They'll see the drop down for "DPS, Tank, Healer, etc" and choose accordingly.

--
Quote by Chops
Indeed they could, which is why you can specify which classes are eligible for which roles. They'll see the drop down for "DPS, Tank, Healer, etc" and choose accordingly.

Ahh.... I see what you did there.
I tried to set this up but struck a difficulty. I am a feral druid, and either tank for our raid or, if we have 2 warriors on, I DPS.

Is there an easy way to account for this? ie, allow me to sign up for multiple roles? Otherwise, it is just easier to stick to the standard class sign ups. Or I suppose I could sign up as a tank and then change to DPS if a second tank signs up.
You can always switch your sign up after the fact if you need. But you have the option to sign up as whatever role you'd prefer. Obviously you cannot rely on it to be 100% accurate, as there will be modified needs on a raid by raid basis.

The General rule: sign up for what you prefer. If there are already a bunch of tanks, then sign up for DPS. By no means are you locked into a role.

--
Quote by Chops
You can always switch your sign up after the fact if you need. But you have the option to sign up as whatever role you'd prefer. Obviously you cannot rely on it to be 100% accurate, as there will be modified needs on a raid by raid basis.

The General rule: sign up for what you prefer. If there are already a bunch of tanks, then sign up for DPS. By no means are you locked into a role.

This is what I have told our feral druids but here is my concern. Since we form our groups in order of sign up and balance for each raid won't that affect their standing. Say they sign up as a tank on 4/20 to raid on 4/27. At that time no DPS has signed up. On 4/24 2 warriors have signed up to tank and 4 dps have signed up. Now if the feral druid retracts his sign up and resigns as dps he would get a new sign up date of 4/24 right? If this is the case I think there should be a mechanism for classes that fit multiple primary/secondary rolls to simply switch their role and have it not affect their sign up date.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
I have the same issue as Saudorun. For me, the bigger issue is there's no good way to map something like a feral druid to a single role: they can perform as "tank" or "dps" as needed. The solution I'm trying now is to create a primary DPS role and then a secondary "I'm a tank too!" role. This covers feral druids, ret pallies, and fury warriors: they can primarily DPS, but can fill a tank role too. Not sure that I can much for this solution though.
Quote by Gozerian
I have the same issue as Saudorun. For me, the bigger issue is there's no good way to map something like a feral druid to a single role: they can perform as "tank" or "dps" as needed. The solution I'm trying now is to create a primary DPS role and then a secondary "I'm a tank too!" role. This covers feral druids, ret pallies, and fury warriors: they can primarily DPS, but can fill a tank role too. Not sure that I can much for this solution though.

Hmmmm. Interesting idea. I'd tweak a little.
Really lets face. A Ret Pally CAN NOT tank. It won't work. Holy Shield is part of the mitigation properties as is the mitigation added by Improved Righteous Fury. An Arms or Fury Warrior also CAN NOT tank. Yeah they can equip a shield but the mechanics of mitigation are stacked against them. The Protection Tree for a Warrior like a Paladin contains skills that help raise your base Defense, Block, Dodge, and Parry skills. You need these to keep from taking crushing blows and crits from bosses to live. Consequently a Prot Warrior or Pally has really bad DPS with the pally barely winning the fight.

Now lets turn the table and look at a Feral Druid. Their aggro and taunting skills also provide a fair amount of DPS. They get bonus for defense and damage mitations like a Prot Warrior and Pally with the Bear Talents. They can carry a set of armor that thus allows them to tank or do a fair amount of DPS. I'd put them somewhere in the range of an enhancement shaman but no where near some of the rogue specs out there.

Given that I'd tweak your idea of using a Secondary Role and it might work. Instead of saying "Also Tank". How about calling it "Also DPS". Based on the reasons above I would say the only one that qualifies for this is the Feral Druid.

--
Really lets face. A Ret Pally CAN NOT tank.

One of our two tanks is a Ret pally, and he's pretty much pro. He Main Tanks all our Heroic runs. We don't do much Karazhan or bigger because we rarely have 9 or more on.

--
That might work. Context is pretty important here: I'm trying this out in a 5-man run, so a fury warrior is acceptable for a tank provided they have the gear. Ret pallies ... well, I play Horde and have yet to see a ret pally, so I threw them in because it sounded reasonable to my uneducated pally ways.
Quote by Chops
Really lets face. A Ret Pally CAN NOT tank.

One of our two tanks is a Ret pally, and he's pretty much pro. He Main Tanks all our Heroic runs. We don't do much Karazhan or bigger because we rarely have 9 or more on.

I would honestly say you have some great healers behind him then because I watched a Ret vs Prot Pally tank as well as a Fury/Arms vs Prot Warrior tank from a healers perspective. I takes more to keep them up I guess is my point and I wouldn't want that as my primary situation.

--
Quote by Gozerian
That might work. Context is pretty important here: I'm trying this out in a 5-man run, so a fury warrior is acceptable for a tank provided they have the gear. Ret pallies ... well, I play Horde and have yet to see a ret pally, so I threw them in because it sounded reasonable to my uneducated pally ways.

Haha as alliance that is all I have seen in horde pallies on our server is ret. I think I saw one holy pally and they sucked.

--

[Back to Index]