Password:

Forgot your password?
[Q] GRSS and non-default Destinations

[Q] GRSS and non-default Destinations
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I assume that GRSS works with non-standard destinations (e.g., UBRS - Drak) as with pre-configured ones (apart from having to manually take a snapshot, of course). Am I correct?

Cheers,

--
Often wrong, Never in doubt
It works on anything where there's a group. If you are in a group, and you type /grss whatever, it will take a snapshot called "whatever." It's independent of location. The only exception is auto-snapshotting only works on pre-defined locations.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
It works on anything where there's a group. If you are in a group, and you type /grss whatever, it will take a snapshot called "whatever." It's independent of location. The only exception is auto-snapshotting only works on pre-defined locations.

Belated thanks, Chops. We're happily using GRSS for all of our party and raid events. However, I have a question born more of curiosity than practicability: Suppose I predefine a destination. How does GRSS know to take a snapshot automatically? Does GRSS compare the name of the boss killed with its list of pre-defined destinations? And does GRSS support custom destinations, i.e., destinations added by users?

Cheers,
I'm afraid not, though this is something I've given some thought to.

For now, if you'd like to tweak the Snapshot-trigger list, you have to modify the GuildRaidsnapShot.lua file in the addons/GuildRaidSnapShot folder and add it to the list of "GRSS_Bosses" (It's in the top few lines).

You can edit it using Notepad or other simple text editor.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
I'm afraid not, though this is something I've given some thought to.

For now, if you'd like to tweak the Snapshot-trigger list, you have to modify the GuildRaidsnapShot.lua file in the addons/GuildRaidSnapShot folder and add it to the list of "GRSS_Bosses" (It's in the top few lines).

You can edit it using Notepad or other simple text editor.

Excellent. That's a very simple task.

Cheers,

--
Often wrong, Never in doubt

[Back to Index]