Password:

Forgot your password?
Character Profile

Character Profile
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Make a mod to scan and upload the character profile instead of filling everything out. Especially since Professions will not update if you don't spell them correctly. It would be nice if these things could be auto uploaded.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Whoa...hadn't thought of that.

A professions and other stuff importer. However, I can see a pretty major problem with that, right off the bat...

If you were to import your whole professions list, the page would get massive ( I suppose I could stick em in a scrolling div).

I'll have to think about that one, but I can definitely see the use there.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I can see where the list would get unmanagable also. Why not simply link from the Character Name on the Professions list back to the character profile and present the entire list there. This would be similar to how you currently display the inventory of a specific character.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

--
I can see where the list would get unmanagable also. Why not simply link from the Character Name on the Professions list back to the character profile and present the entire list there. This would be similar to how you currently display the inventory of a specific character.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

Indeed, I was thinking something similarly

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
Any idea on when something like this might get added? So many people ask me on a daily basis what enchants I have it would be nice to upload them all.

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

--
Chops:
If you were to snatch the information from an addon .lua, say character profiler, it should make it a lot easier. Just choose the information you want to store. It is in an xml format, so finding the info should be cake. It also stores all your alt information

Saudorun:
We got hosting from www.dot5hosting.com and put up the roster system from wowroster.net. It is everything you could ever want from a roster. I then removed the canned links from the site and added some custom links to our roster, and presto! The only problem is that you need to create a character here too for all the dkp system stuff.

--
Eleipher, The Warlock Extraordinaire
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
I've been looking into how to build this yet. I've got a few ideas, but I'm still a little unsure.

I'll have a gander at some of the functionality on WoWRoster.net and see if I can't mimic some of that functionality.

----

--
Quote by Chops

I'll have a gander at some of the functionality on WoWRoster.net and see if I can't mimic some of that functionality.

I'd like to see the profile viewer look like more of the ones shown on other websites: http://www.rpgoutfitter.com/WoW-GM/char.cfm?char=Kartsba@US-Cenarion%20Circle

RPGOutfitter does an excellent job of this. I've seen other sites do the same type of thing mimicking the layout within WoW.
Unfortunately, having the character profile show exactly as it does in-game isn't something one can expect to be supported in any kind of timely fashion. It's nice, but the data is still pretty readily available. And infact, having to hover over the gear to know what items it is is kind of tedius, I find. I'd rather see it listed, and if I want to see the specific stats, hover over the item names, and that's what's provided here.

I don't completely discount the idea, as I've thought myself, even "it'd be nice to have it look like that." But there are so many more pressing concerns over aesthetics for what is a fairly intuitive interface, that it just can't be a priority.

--
Quote by kartsba
Quote by Chops

I'd like to see the profile viewer look like more of the ones shown on other websites: http://www.rpgoutfitter.com/WoW-GM/char.cfm?char=Kartsba@US-Cenarion%20Circle

RPGOutfitter does an excellent job of this. I've seen other sites do the same type of thing mimicking the layout within WoW.

I'd like to put in a vote for more-like-RPGOutfitter displays/lists as well - esp. the faction, recipe and quest sections. It makes it very easy to see who has what when you are looking for grouping (quests/faction grinding) or stuff to be done (enchants/crafted items.) E.g. I want to see who has Argent Dawn factions at a certain level to know to ask them about grouping (esp if they don't often scan our forums) or who has the Test of Lore quest. Ditto being able to see who has the Felcloth Bag recipe.
I want to see who has Argent Dawn factions at a certain level to know to ask them about grouping (esp if they don't often scan our forums)

A search engine for that would actually be a pretty good idea there.

or who has the Test of Lore quest.

I'll admit that adding quests is a good idea as well

Ditto being able to see who has the Felcloth Bag recipe.

This can be searched for at the top of the Professions page.

--

[Back to Index]