Password:

Forgot your password?
Advanced Layout: Feeling like a noob

Advanced Layout: Feeling like a noob
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

Hello. I consider myself moderately web savvy, but I'm not all that familiar with PHP. We recently decided to try out the Advanced Layout options and I copied down the files and gave them to one of my guild's hacker geeks to play with. He has dutifully given me back the updated files, but I can't seem to view them. If I open them in a regular web browser, I just see blank pages with a few text links, no colored background or anything, and no content. I assume that this is because the main page is not pointing back to the CSS, but I can't figure out why it wouldn't be, since I put the files in the same folder and such.

I also tried testing the files using the test link under Advanced Layout Options in the site's Admin menu, but nothing happens when I do it. At this point I'm feeling like a total noob. Can anyone point me toward the (obviously) simple fix that will enable me to check out the new layout?

Thanks!

--
Aelith
Lvl 76 * Knight Captain * Marksman spec
www.thebrethren.org
6-foot-2 with hair of blue
Be SURE that before you click "Test It" that you disable your popup blocker. That's the #1 reason people claim that the "Test" button does nothing.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I have Firefox set to NOT block popups (I did it again just to make sure) and it brings up another window, but the new window looks exactly the same as the current site layout. This is after I uploaded the layout.html file and the menupage.html files for the new layout....I also uploaded the new stylesheet (default.css) via the Administrative File Uploader.

The stylesheet on the layout page references style.php. Do I need to point this to http://dkpfiles.com/thebrethren/files/default.css instead?

--
Aelith
www.thebrethren.org
The stylesheet on the layout page references style.php. Do I need to point this to http://dkpfiles.com/thebrethren/files/default.css instead?

Yes you do.

--
Quote by Chops

Yes you do.

Hehehe. As usual I was making it far more complicated than it needed to be. I thought the CSS would still be managed by style.php somehow; didn't think it would just be literally pointing it to the new location.

Thanks, Chops!

--
Aelith
www.thebrethren.org
thought the CSS would still be managed by style.php somehow;

hehe...Nope. style.php is just the stylesheet generated by the "Color Configurator"

--

[Back to Index]