Guild Google Map

Guild Google Map
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2
Quote by Chops

Click on "Edit your Account Profile" and there's a "Location" box on that page.

Ok i did that just now...so im guessing the person that is in same location (Hawaii) is also in same zip area...so I guess I wait till u do what u do best...that meaning fixing it when you have the time...thanks for quick reply.

--
This may be ignorant...isn't Brasil supposed to be Brazil?
This may be ignorant...isn't Brasil supposed to be Brazil?

I think that's dependent on how the countries themselves spell it. Notice how Russia is in Russian, and isn't poland labeled Polska?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I'd love to add this to my guild site, I'm just not getting it?

I was looking at the link you provided, and even went to google maps. Had no clue how to even put myself on a map or even how to put it on the site???

--
I went ahead and did this for you, but all you needed to do was go to Admin > Basic Menu Administration and check the box for "Guild Map."

You should see it on your menu now.

--
hey thanks

--
Ok. So if you have more than one guild member in the same location it only shows 1 of them. It seems to take them alphabetically.

Is there anything you can do to show it as a list of all of them?

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
Ok. So if you have more than one guild member in the same location it only shows 1 of them. It seems to take them alphabetically.

I'm going to be adding slight modifiers for people in the same lat/long, so that it'll show people in the same place. Right now, the answer is to provide a more exact answer (like, say you lived at "730 W Cherry Lane", try entering "700 W Cherry Lane").

--
Quote by Chops
Quote by Saudorun

I'm going to be adding slight modifiers for people in the same lat/long, so that it'll show people in the same place. Right now, the answer is to provide a more exact answer (like, say you lived at "730 W Cherry Lane", try entering "700 W Cherry Lane").

Only one problem. My wife and I both play of course that would only be useful for idiots that don't know where married and in the same guild. But still would be nice to see Shamrocker and Saudorun at the same location.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
Quote by Chops
Quote by Saudorun

Only one problem. My wife and I both play of course that would only be useful for idiots that don't know where married and in the same guild. But still would be nice to see Shamrocker and Saudorun at the same location.

Yeah same here...boyfriend and I live together and play...plus we have some members that live in same area and only one is shown.. ....where do i post to have more smileys added...

--
I noticed all the cool add on's and improvments to the site...but still the goggle map only show's one person living in an area that at least 6 ppl live at...is this going to be fixed soon? Its been awhile now...

--
Hmm..Idefinitely thought I fixed that bug. I know I remember adding a randomization in the process. I just wonder if maybe I didn't deploy it live or something.

--
Quote by Chops
Hmm..Idefinitely thought I fixed that bug. I know I remember adding a randomization in the process. I just wonder if maybe I didn't deploy it live or something.

On our site its not fixed...there is like 5 to 6 ppl that live in Hawaii..but its still only listing the last person that added there name there.

--
I can no longer see the link that allows us to post locations. Has there been any changes that would affect this?

--
Aelith
Lvl 76 * Knight Captain * Marksman spec
www.thebrethren.org
6-foot-2 with hair of blue
I can no longer see the link that allows us to post locations. Has there been any changes that would affect this?

There's no special location for that. Just click on "Edit Account" and there you can set your location.

--
I apologize for the necro bump but I actually have something constructive to add on this thread. Someone in my guild pointed out that there is actually the map function so most people put in their locations. We were having the issue of markers showing up too. I "borrowed" the code you were using to show the map and updated your showaddress() function to the following and got around any latency/client issues associated with the .getLatLng() call:

function showAddress(address,html) {
geocoder.getLatLng(
address,
function(point) {
if (!point) {
showAddress(address,html)
} else {
var marker = createMarker(point,html);
map.addOverlay(marker);
}
}
);

All markers showed up with that change. Would it be possible to get something like this rolled into a future release? Might want to add some logic to only do a recursion or two then exit but hey...i'm not getting paid for this.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have a gander and see what comes up.

--
I see under Menu Administration where I can select the minimum rank that can view the Guild Map. I'd also like the ability to filter which ranks are shown on the map, that is I'd like to show the members but not the guests. Is there some way to do this currently that I'm missing, or is this a feature that could be added eventually?

Thanks!
doing a necro post as well

but it appears some of the older issues, have reappeared ...

just set up a new WAR guild.. and am having difficulties getting some members to show up at all (myself included)

this may be same users in same location thing.. as I and one other have only put in Seattle, WA .. with no street address

another user has location set. but not displaying

and it seems that the number of "pins" varies when viewing the map

not sure if any of this was tied to the forums revamp.. but *shrug* one never knows

--
Louis T.

The Spreading Taint - WoW Group Admin
Rough Trade - Assistant Admin
Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking into it now

--

<<< 1 2
[Back to Index]