Password:

Forgot your password?
DKP Tooltip

DKP Tooltip
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

There are mods out there that will display the DKP of an item for fixed pricing systems. Primarily they are written for EQDkp.

There are a couple out there that appear to work off a static list in a lua file, but I can not get any of these to work.

Have you thought about anything like this for memebers of this site? Anyone out there already have a mod that works for them?

--
Eleipher, The Warlock Extraordinaire
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
I have given some thought to it, but I just never took the time to implement something like it. It's something I'd like to do, and can probably write something that would tailor it to some of the existing mods.

Do you know of any mods in particular that do that (don't mention NurfedDKP).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
T_RPP is a mod from WowAce, but there is 0 documentation. I populated the file, but I can not seem to get it to work for some reason. I emailed the mod writer to no avail.
http://www.wowace.com/files/T_RPP/T_RPP-r20695.zip

PriceTag is a cool looking little mod also available at WowAce. There is a perl script to scrape the data out of an EQdkp site, and from my limited understanding of perl, I tried making a subset of the required data in the target lua file. It still doesn't seem to work.
http://www.wowace.com/files/PriceTag/PriceTag-r22056.zip

My biggest restraint is my understanding of lua. As a programmer I understand scripting, but I just don't have the time to learn lua as much as I would love to.

After reading a lot of mods, it seems that some people are having problems hooking into the tooltips. It seems that mods like Auctioneer and Loot Link interfere, blocking data in the tooltips.

Strangely enough, Atlas loot has this functionality built in. Sort Of. You can populate the dkp.lua file and it will fill in the data when you mouse over an item in the Atlas Loot Frame. Pretty cool! But I would love to know how much things are in say MC or BWL without having to go look it up.

--
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
My biggest restraint is my understanding of lua. As a programmer I understand scripting, but I just don't have the time to learn lua as much as I would love to

If you know C and Perl then LUA is easy. Its just a little different syntactically and you might have to look up a few built in function names to get some things done that you need.

I recommend
http://www.lua.org
They have changed their site around lately though and now all documentation from an online perspective is here.
http://lua-users.org/wiki/TutorialDirectory

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Well crap! I guess I am gonna be looking at some perl. Sigh!

I would still like to know if anyone has any thoughts.

--
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
Naa...no need to learn perl to learn lua. Lua is pretty simple, to be honest. And I find it's table structure fascinating.

The online manual for lua is found here:

http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/

--
I'll have a gander at the pricetag thinger and see if I can't produce a fork of that at some point.

--
There is another fantastic mod that I found at WowAce called Mendeleev. It is purely a tooltip mod. I don't know if that mod is doing anything really well with the tooltips. I tried taking a look at it, and I must admit being lost.

--
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
I'll have a gander at the pricetag thinger and see if I can't produce a fork of that at some point.

Chops I throw a link up later if remember when I get home. On http://ui.worldofwar.net there was a DKP mod whose sole intent was to calculate the value of an item and show it in the tooltip. For the life if me I can't remember the name. I has a whole LUA that is nothing but an item stat table with class modifiers and stuff for calculations but all you want is the simple part and that is hooking the tooltip.

--

Chops I throw a link up later if remember when I get home. On http://ui.worldofwar.net there was a DKP mod whose sole intent was to calculate the value of an item and show it in the tooltip. For the life if me I can't remember the name. I has a whole LUA that is nothing but an item stat table with class modifiers and stuff for calculations but all you want is the simple part and that is hooking the tooltip.

NurfedDKP does that.

--
NurfedDKP does that.

This wasn't Nurfed. It was something else. Very short name. DAMN YOU CORPORATE IT FOR NUKING MY VPN HAX AROUND THE FIREWALL.

--
This wasn't Nurfed. It was something else. Very short name. DAMN YOU CORPORATE IT FOR NUKING MY VPN HAX AROUND THE FIREWALL.

haha

--
Yay I am home now. I really need to set up a VPN to my home network now.

Anyway HoB_DKP

http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1509

--
Yea. there shouldn't be much to adding data to the existing tooltip.
Ok the problems I was having with PriceTag was completely due to formating of the data file. A missing comma was causing all the problems. It works, and it works well.

You only have to fill in the data file which looks like this:

PriceTag_List = {
["Aged Core Leather Gloves"] = "5.00",
["Wristguards of True Flight"] = "10.00",
};

Chops, I know you have a TON on your list, and that using someone else's work is problematic, but I thought that since this is working, you could make it your own, and maybe add a way to extract the data from the database.

I entered the data for our guild, and now when you mouse over an item that is fixed price in our system, it tells you how much it costs. SO Cool!

--
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
Quote by carlpalmer
Ok the problems I was having with PriceTag was completely due to formating of the data file. A missing comma was causing all the problems. It works, and it works well.

You only have to fill in the data file which looks like this:

PriceTag_List = {
["Aged Core Leather Gloves"] = "5.00",
["Wristguards of True Flight"] = "10.00",
};

So I think the easier solution is to make the PriceTag Mod a package of GRSS and here is why. When you download the GRSSData.lua file it will contain all the prices of items you have seen before. That is part of the table it builds. You would then simply have to do 2 things. Modify the original PriceTag code to read from the GRSSData.lua file and modify the format to fit how Chops loads it.

The other thing that I see as a future issue is that you probably want to remove the dependencies on Ace2. While I totally understand the idea of DevLibs it just doesn't always fit in this constantly evolving mod environment.

I might take a look at this and see what I can do with it. It's snowing here again so I might have some free time on my hands again. If I can make this work as module to GRSS and remove the dependencies on Ace2 I'll post it to Chops and see what he thinks.

--

[Back to Index]