Password:

Forgot your password?
Improved Account / Character Database Maintenance Tool

Improved Account / Character Database Maintenance Tool
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Is it possible that we could get a tool that will allow administrators of a dkp website to easily keep the member's list updated.

I've had a couple ideas along those lines. So here goes

One of the ideas was possibly having a roster shot taken using an addon that gets all current members of a guild, both online and offline and then giving us a couple options. One could be to set all members to their respective ranks, and everyone else to non-member. Or to delete all accounts and characters associated with those accounts that are not currently in the guild.

The thing with deleting all the accounts would mean that applicants would have their accounts deleted as well, could there be some way to tag applicant accounts seperately.

These are just a few of the ideas i've had recently. Myself and a couple other officers haven't been keeping the database very organized since we've had a couple times where a ton of people left at once and then we got a ton of new members. Its very difficult to manually erase all the accounts / characters and double check if each and every account / character remains in the guild or is out. We finally got down to it the other day and spent 7 hours manually cleaning it out. I'd estimate we only have about 3 more hours before its completely up to date but it is a real hassle. Anything that could streamline the maintenance part would be a godsend.
One of the ideas was possibly having a roster shot taken using an addon that gets all current members of a guild, both online and offline and then giving us a couple options. One could be to set all members to their respective ranks, and everyone else to non-member. Or to delete all accounts and characters associated with those accounts that are not currently in the guild.

This is done via GRSS already. You just need to import it. Go to Admin >> Characters and Accounts >> Roster Uploader

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Here's a link to how it works:

http://www.dkpsystem.com/faq.php?q=roster

Click the "How do I get my guild's toons on the website"

The last process discussed on that link is how to do it using the Roster uploader functionality.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]