Password:

Forgot your password?
CT_Raidtracker for WoW 2.0

CT_Raidtracker for WoW 2.0
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Has anyone come across a working version of CT_raidtracker for wow 2.0 yet?
If not, how are you folks that are using zero sum DKP handling your DKP now? Please don't say "With a Pencil & Paper"

--
Kith
Dusk Raiders
Guild Master
The GRSS can do Zero sum pretty effectively using the "Redistribute Points" option during the GRSS upload.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I was under the impression it did do continuous attendance tracking. I'll give it a second look & see if it will work for us.

--
Kith
Dusk Raiders
Guild Master
It works a little differently from the CT_RaidTracker deally. For the GRSS, it takes snapshots of your guild when a boss dies. When you enter the points, you'll have to scroll up and see how many points that boss was worth. It's a bit more work, admittedly, but it's still exponentially better than pencil and paper.

--
Ah I see. You would assign the value of the items looted each time to the bosses DKP value.
Actually, this may work even better. Currently am not tracking boss kills. Will be a little more work though.

--
Kith
Dusk Raiders
Guild Master
Tried this out tonight with some the following results:
We killed Onyxia then went on to BWL to practice.

When I distributed loot at Onyxia, it asked the value of each item as normal.
When I did the upload at the end of the night, there was no loot entry. Only ones for past raids. Also, there was no snapshot for the Onyxia kill, but there was one for each of the times razoregore committed suicide.
As a result, I used one of the Razoregore suicides as the raid roster entry and had to manually enter each item looted from Onyxia tonight.

Now I have been using this for months and have all of the loot & roster snapshots going back for months. This just seems to be something happening recently.
I do have them most recent GRSS installed. Do you think I have something wrong or is this a bug?

--
Kith
Dusk Raiders
Guild Master
Tried this out tonight with some the following results:
We killed Onyxia then went on to BWL to practice.

When I distributed loot at Onyxia, it asked the value of each item as normal.
When I did the upload at the end of the night, there was no loot entry. Only ones for past raids. Also, there was no snapshot for the Onyxia kill, but there was one for each of the times razoregore committed suicide.
As a result, I used one of the Razoregore suicides as the raid roster entry and had to manually enter each item looted from Onyxia tonight.

Now I have been using this for months and have all of the loot & roster snapshots going back for months. This just seems to be something happening recently.
I do have them most recent GRSS installed. Do you think I have something wrong or is this a bug?

I had an issue sort of like this a month or three ago, in one night we did an Ony kill, then went to ZG (for idols =p), then AQ20.
It lost the first few bosses in ZG and Ony as well, does it have a maximum amount of dkp snapshots it can take?

--
There's no maximum, as far as I know, unless there is a maximum amount of data that can be held by WoW mods in general.

The first thing I always have to ask is "did WoW crash, or did WoW close in any way that was not 'graceful' (like rebooting your computer, or ALT+F4)?" If not, I'm not sure what happened.

Try going a /grss reset to clear everything out, then if you're feeling up to it forming a quick raid, and kill some lesser boss (like maybwe a boss in maraudon or something else that should only take 5 minutes) that will drop a blue (so that it prompts). Take a manual snapshot with /grss Test

When that's done and you've recorded, type /console reloadui, and upload the GRSS snapshot.

That SHOULD work, but if it doesn't that might be an indicator of what's goin on.

Can anyone else verify that this is happening to their snapshots?

--
I heard that you would get banned from WoW if you uses this Addon

Is this True?

--
Painkillerle
No. Lots of people use the addon.

There was a scare about a month ago where some people did get banned from WoW, but it was generally a result of blizzard's overly retarded "Warden" program. Apparently every linux user was banned, but Blizzard lifted those.

I can say that those bans were unrelated to the GRSS. Especially, considering the GRSS EXE program doesn't even run while WoW is running.

If you're still paranoid about it, you can always delete the GetGRSSDKP.exe file, and download the file manually (like Sachmo does).

Myself, I have used the GRSS personally for over a year and have never been banned. And while I don't actually raid anymore, I use the GRSS for developmental and testing purposes, and so I run it with the EXE file probably more than most active WoW players.

--
I heard that you would get banned from WoW if you uses this Addon

Is this True?

I think whoever told you that is probably smoking crack or thinking of a different addon This addon doesn't do anything remotly like anything that anyone would object to.

Anyhow, back on topic. Yes, WoW did in fact crash when I was flying from Onyxia to BWL. So that would explain why the Ony data is missing and the BWL data is present.

--
Kith
Dusk Raiders
Guild Master
Whew. Glad that was the problem. It's always a good idea to have other officers running the GRSS in the case of a crash.

--
Whew. Glad that was the problem. It's always a good idea to have other officers running the GRSS in the case of a crash.

We learned that the hard way.... 4 hours of manually adding molten core loot & bosses later

--
We learned that the hard way.... 4 hours of manually adding molten core loot & bosses later

Exaclty We have multiples running now as well.

--
Kith
Dusk Raiders
Guild Master

[Back to Index]