Password:

Forgot your password?
Menu Code

Menu Code
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

Hey I am the person responsible for making my guild's website pretty. My menu frames are designed quite a bit differently than what the default setup of a header and content is. I can easily just remake the basic menus in the style I need; however, the items such as Calendar, online status, progression, etc are not something I have the knowledge to remake in HTML. Is there any way to get into the actual code for those so I can remake the style setup of them?

Here are some sample frames of what the website will look like so you can get an idea of what I am talking about

Thanks!
Conveniently, you don't need to do anything special to use the Calendar or the Login menus. If you do <!--System:Calendar--> It'll insert the calendar right were you place that code. For things like Raid Progression, and whatnot, All you'd have to do is <!--System:Menu:Raid Progression--> and it'll insert the menu progression bit.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Conveniently, you don't need to do anything special to use the Calendar or the Login menus. If you do <!--System:Calendar--> It'll insert the calendar right were you place that code. For things like Raid Progression, and whatnot, All you'd have to do is <!--System:Menu:Raid Progression--> and it'll insert the menu progression bit.

true, but my problem is modifying the menus to work with my graphics. For example the calendar menu:

Notice that my menu layout consists of a background covering the entire thing, a header with a doodad and the title, and a footer with a doodad. The calendar menu calls the header twice, which would end up giving me a double doodad and bad tiling of the background. Without remaking the menu code I also don't see a way to add the footer. I am not very experienced with CSS which might be my problem, but it looks like I can only modify the different parts (ie set what header looks like, and what the content looks like), but not change how the menu calls these layouts.
The thing about the Calendar is that it doesn't actually call the header, it's actually self-contained. So you can wrap your menu code however you like around how the calendar will render. Have a gander at http://www.poopinashoe.com for an example of what I mean.

Also, I'd just like to add that your mockup looks pretty awesome.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
The thing about the Calendar is that it doesn't actually call the header, it's actually self-contained. So you can wrap your menu code however you like around how the calendar will render. Have a gander at http://www.poopinashoe.com for an example of what I mean.

Also, I'd just like to add that your mockup looks pretty awesome.

thanks Chops! I'll take a look at that url later today and see what I can find out. I hope to have the graphics active this weekend; i'll post again then to see what you think.

[Back to Index]