Forgot your password?
Internal Raid team recruitment

Internal Raid team recruitment
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Chops,

My Guild has 5 active raid teams. We would like a way to somehow tag characters with the 'team' they are on and give the leader of the raid team an easy way of showing openings in the team without continually bumping up thread posts.

For example, I have created separate progression buttons for each time. When I mouse over each button it tells me what kills that team has. I would also like to be able to see the permanent members for that team and what roles need filling.

Any thoughts?

Chops.. please see this thread on our forums for our thoughts..
So if you go to your Admin Panel there is an option under General Settings for Custom Fields - Character.

You could create a field for "Raid Team"
Make it a drop down box and add the Raid Team names.
Then select "Show Field on the Roster List?" as Yes.
This would make a field that would display as like the last column on the Roster for your site. The Challenge here is that you cannot restrict the player from editing it. But it does allow people that have admin rights to update Character Profiles to set them. This at least could solve the problem of how to display the characters Raid Team status and easily see who is on what team.

Another alternative would be to create a Custom Menu and include the team rosters are part of that or maybe as a Guide which in essence is just a separate HTML or BBCode page linked from another part of your site.

As for recruitment you can use the build in recruiting module for that. You have to create a new application called "Raid Team X" and then just the correct permissions. Set this so that the only guild members of the appropriate rank can apply and only Raid Leaders of the appropriate level and view and approve them. You can set up some other things depending how you want to handle it. I did one once for help just managing the site. I posted openings for Forum Mods, Recruiters, and such.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
I think an even better method of doing the multi-raid team thing would be to create a roster for each one, and allow each "Leader" of that roster to be able to edit the roster itself.

It doesn't give them the ability to edit things like "how many spots are avaiable", but it will at least show their roster on their character profile, and give you an option for that roster on the roster page.

As far as recruitment goes, I agree with Saudorun's advice.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]