Password:

Forgot your password?
Private Thread Tags

Private Thread Tags
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I could be blind here, So much stuff on my plate with the launching of Swtor and getting Daes Daemar ready for it.

It appears that I cannot create a private thread tag.
Are you attempting to create one, and it's just silently failing, or are you getting an error, or something else?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I don't even see the option to try to make a private thread tag. I can create a private post but I'm not seen an option for private tag
There aren't really special tags for private posts.
You chose from the normal thread tags that are available at the time of creation and then mark it private and select whom you want to participate.

Think of private threads more like messages or emails directly between a specific set of people.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
There aren't really special tags for private posts.
You chose from the normal thread tags that are available at the time of creation and then mark it private and select whom you want to participate.

Think of private threads more like messages or emails directly between a specific set of people.

Aye, That's what I am trying to set up, as I cannot have different ranks for different games, I am going to have to have private threads for groups of people.
Actually if either you or Chops has any ideas on how to address different ranks within two games without one group being able to read the officer posts of each game.. ( different officers in each, but some that were officers in one game are not in the other. )

By the gods, I hope this makes sense.
I think this would take an overhaul of the Thread Tag Administration and some of the back end as well. IE instead of having a minimum rank to view/post/moderate, maybe have each rank listed and have check boxes in each of those columns to give permission to view/post/moderate similar to CHMOD for file systems.

--
Wolfify
Resto Druid
<Infamous With Style>
Darkspear -- Alliance
Quote by Nullified
I think this would take an overhaul of the Thread Tag Administration and some of the back end as well. IE instead of having a minimum rank to view/post/moderate, maybe have each rank listed and have check boxes in each of those columns to give permission to view/post/moderate similar to CHMOD for file systems.

I would love to see a system like that come into play here.
Quote by Nullified

This has actually been a plan for a while, but overhaul to support such a system is definitely not trivial. I completely recognize the need for a system of this type, but I simply haven't had the time to make that kind of change, unfortunately

That said, I realize I never answered your original question regarding the private thread tags. When you're logged into your site, do you see these options when you click "My Private Tags"?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thanks Chops, it's there, for some reason I must have spaced out on that whole section of the forum.

Glad to hear that what we would like to see is a plan, I look forward to it when you get the time to be able to make such a huge change

Thanks again

[Back to Index]