Password:

Forgot your password?
SWTOR Ally system support

SWTOR Ally system support
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

SWTOR has an ally guild system however I think most of us are still speculating what that will look like in game. It has lead me to think about it from a guild hosting perspective. We have an ally guild that just signed up on dkspsystem and I was wondering if you could give some consideration into building some Ally functionality into sites.

What I'm looking for is just somethings like providing a cross over between guild sites without registering on each specific site. Mainly I'm looking at event visibility and signups.

Options to allow members of the ally guild site to be able to view and signup for events would be handy. I know it probably complicated to think about but I was thinking that each site would have some basic settings for events to control the way they handle membership like setting a base minimum rand to view and signup for Ally guild events. And on each guild site when creating an event have an optional check boxes to "Allow Ally Visibility" and "Allow Ally Signups".

There are some other visibility options that could some in handy for the forums like allowing Ally Guilds the ability to at least see certain forum areas that you may normally have only internal to your site. Posting in them would be more complicated and I would not be looking for anything like that.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Cross-guild alliance type functionality is definitely something I've been kicking around how to go about doing such a thing, though I was leaning more toward cross-forum integration, rather than event signups, but hey, we'll just have to see.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
What about a way to apply on another guilds website to ally and once accepted be able to view or even put the other guilds calendar on your site separate from you calendar so that you know who is running what?
Is there anyway to quickly implement a cross forum system? We are finding it hard to organize events.

I'm thinking just a simple permissions box on a thread tag with a multi select that shows all DKPSystem Guilds. Then we select the sites who's members should be able to post in it annd read it.

My other thought was building a default special thread tag called Ally and having it work as listed above. You select the guilds from a list of all DKPSystem Guilds you are an ally with. Anyone on all the sites could post or read the items in that tag but it would show up in the forums of all the sites. So you don't have to go to the other sites to read the posts they would be more like a global shared tag.

If this works it could maybe be expanded later to include a shared calendar. Where you may make events on your own calendar but then check a box to share with allies and then it would just show up on a special calendar or event category but do to guild rank differences just not allow signups or make signups generic where it indicates the only the character and guld name of people attending.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
What you described is similar to what I've been pondering creating. The closest thing you can do right now for a cross-forum system is doing an RSS feed import from each site to the other site. It's not exactly the best way to do it, since it still requires accounts on both sites if you want to post on the other's site, but it at least establishes a minimal bit of communication between the sites.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]